Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Work-Life Balance, the formula that works

Is Work-Life Balance a Myth?
When I first started out as a CW (Career Woman), I told myself "Molola, this job and this career is what you make of it not what it makes of you". I have seen and personally witnessed a lot of career women who are struggling to find the perfect balance between work and personal life and this has pushed me more to determine to be different.
Now, I'm not saying it's all rosy and I have the balance thing all figured out like ABC, not yet. But I have found out a little glitch in the equation of this balance.

What is Balance?
According to Oxford dictionaries, balance is a situation in which different elements are equal or in correct proportions.

Correct proportions! That's the key. Many times we think of work-life balance in terms of equality 50-50 and so everyone tries to run with this formula and finds out it just doesn't work.

Dear CW, your work and your personal life do not have the same weights. For some, what works is 70-30 for others it might be 60-40. Now the onus is on you to find out the perfect formula that works for you and run with it.

Also let me say this, it is not enough to find the formula that works and go to sleep, what you don't work out will not work out. Find the formula and work it out everyday. Some days you might think you finally figured it out only for you to struggle with it again a few days later.  It is a continuous process and it does get easier.

As a budding CW, I always had exhaustion written all over my face. When people saw me, they would always ask if I was okay and I would always blame it on the job, until I made a decision never to let the stress of the job appear on my face. Now when I go out for a meeting or some other engagement after work, instead of asking me "are you okay", I am being told "you look great".
Your personal life doesn't have to suffer because of work neither does work have to suffer because of your personal life. I hope this post will steer you into finding that perfect balance.

Remember, your career is what you make of it not what it makes of you, you're the pilot of this career plane so you own the controls.

Please share this post with every Career Woman you know. You can also contribute in the comment section.

Thank you for reading.
- Love Truly, Molz 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely following this. Thanks for throwing some positive words to us. Being a career woman is not easy but then what is? We will keep winging it and be fabulous while at it!

Deee said...

This is simply Realistic..kudos

Unknown said...

Thanks Love. Exactly! Being fabulous while at it is the key!

Thanks for your comment

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you so much